Friday, May 21, 2010

lake of the woods adventures Part 1

On friday of last week, 8 friends and I embarked on a fishing expedition that took us all the way up to the beautiful lake of the woods in northern Minnesota. The drive was long, taking about about six and a half hours. We spent our time in the car shooting dice on my phone. Pretty much we gambled all the way up and I came out with a few extra dollars. One of my friends made about 15 bucks, another lost about 10. We were ecstatic when we finally reached our destination. We took no time in setting up our campsite at the resort. We got our tents put up and we started to feast. We all brought way too much food so we decided we better get an early start on it. I made some polish sausages on the grill (which were tasty) and we just kicked back by the fire. We could not go out and fish on our boats until the opener, which was the next day, so we decided to cast off the dock a little bit. I was the first successful fisherman in the group when i snagged a little northern. It was about 14 inches so I just tossed him right back into the murky depths. After about a hour or so we got bored of this activity and retreated back to our campsite. We got a roaring fire going and we just kicked it. I whipped out the guitar for some campfire jams and we got some music going. We ate and drank until our last two friends arrived at the lake around midnight. They had left much later than us. So after about another hour of socializing with our newly arrived companions, we decided it would be time to hit the hay. We were to have an early morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment