Friday, May 28, 2010
The Last Blog
Here it is the final blog. Well senior year is almost at a close, and yet I am still a child haha. The other day i got into the Univeristy of Minnesota Twin Cities. I was pretty much set on going to Duluth after being wait listed at the U. Now i have a very difficult decision to make. This will take some time. I think I will enjoy both campuses but I don't know if I am going to allow this opportunity to go to the U slip away. Yesterday was the last day with my kid in early childhood development. His name was Devon and he was nothing short of a gangster. He is four years old and we actually became pretty good friends over our time spent together in that class. It was pretty sad to see him go for the last time. He brought me a thank you card. It was pretty damn cute, I gotta say. I hope he grows up strong and bold, I got high hopes for him. Lately I have realized I give out a lot of words of wisdom that I; myself, do not even live by. I found this to be a strange realization. I need to be more conscious of myself before making suggestions for others. This is difficult, but the best rewards come from the hardest work, most of the time. Life is very fragile, a very fragile beautiful gift. It is so easily stripped from us. I have just finished reading "All Quiet On The Western Front" and am currently enrolled in a World Wars course at school. There was so much life lost in those wars, so many men who will never get to blossom as human beings because all they had was given, and taken, in the wars. I find it pretty fitting that this weekend is Memorial Weekend, and I am contemplating all of this. Those men can not be forgotten, we must live on and achieve our dreams in their absence. I am going to a cabin up north with my family this weekend, it will be good to be in nature with my thoughts. It always comes back to mother nature, if you think about it we are all really a part of her. You can feel it when you're in untouched nature, away from industries. The trees and water bring fresh air and life to your body in every moment, it is stupendous. Love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Your last post... I have to say I loved it. A smooth course of thoughts. Let your weekend retreat bring space for insight,creativity, and softening. Namaste Kevin, thank you for your blogs.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you that you got into the U. That is such a great oppourtunity but do what your heart tells you to do!
ReplyDelete